Monday, July 11, 2011

2 hours of sleep...

We have sick little one at home so none of us have been sleeping very much lately.  Two nights ago we spent 4 hours in the ER with a 105F fever and last night we spent the whole night up alternating tylenol and motrin, giving luke-warm baths and putting cold towels on Will's head because once again, he was spiking a fever, this time it only got to 104F.

As soon as the pediatrician's office opens this morning I plan to make Will an appointment because we can't continue this routine of staying up all night and working all day the next day.  The ER doc said all he has is an ear infection, although they looked in one ear, saw that it was infected and decided not to even check for anything else it might be.  The fact that he has a rash all over his stomach and chest didn't seem of much concern to her so we are going to get a 3rd opinion.

I know 2 doctor visits and a trip to the ER is going to end up costing us some money, but the good news is I don't have to loose any sleep over that.  No, I don't want to use my emergency fund for anything, but it is there if we need it.  And a sick child would definitely constitute a worthy emergency in my book.  Also, if you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available through your job, thankfully I do, it might be advantageous to look into that.  For us, it has been a great way to lower our tax liability each year and also pay for medical expenses without messing up our budget or using our emergency fund.  It is used as our tax advantaged medical sinking fund.

Anyway, I am praying that my little boy gets better right NOW, and I am so very thankful that his childhood illnesses are not causing financial stress in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment