Thursday, July 14, 2011

Going to see family...

We are packing to leave right now to spend 4 days with my family.  They only live an hour away, so it "shouldn't" be a huge ordeal, but...
we have an almost 15 month old, so everything is so much HARDER.  It is harder to pack with Will running around my feet screaming because he wants to be held, the car trip is harder because I can already foresee the hour ahead of us filled with screaming and crying and falling asleep just in time to get out of the car, and it is harder to stay the night anywhere but home because it is out of the routine and Will doesn't sleep as well when he's not in his room.  But, it is all worth it because we're going to see family.

This isn't just any trip to see family though; this is also doubling as our summer vacation.  We are not financially in a place just yet to spend a week on a cruise, or to buy 3 nights and get the 4th night free at Disney World, so this is what we are choosing to do with our summer vacation, and I don't regret it for one minute.  All the grandparents get to spend some time with their only grandchild, my dad gets to show Will off at his church on Sunday morning for the first time, we get to be at my sisters birthday party, and we get to be around cousins we haven't seen in years.  All in all, I think this is going to be a great trip.

But, you know me, even though this is a "quick and easy" trip I am still thinking of ways to save money during the next 4 days.

1)  We have packed food for Will for most meals.
2)  Our baby-sitter for tomorrow night is FREE (aka: Mimi) - so Chris and I are actually getting to go see    Harry Potter, in 3D,  for only the cost of tickets and some snacks!
3)  Entertainment is going to consist of visiting with family and swimming in a pool for FREE.

So there you go; that about wraps up my summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment