Friday, July 8, 2011

Saved money tonight!!!

Hey, I wanted to let everybody know that we just saved about $20 tonight by cooking at home.  I know it sounds simple, but that is because it is.  I just got off of work - a 10 hour day! - and really REALLY didn't feel like cooking.

I wanted so badly to eat out, and we could have because today was payday, so today was the day we fill up our cash envelopes for the week, but I talked myself out of it.  So, I cut up some fresh vegetables, made some macaroni and cheese, and Chris grilled a pork tenderloin and the vegetables.  It was easy, quick, good, and cheap.  We easily spend $30 on a nice sit down dinner, and this meal was $8,  we have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, and our entire eating out budget is in-tact.  Win-win-win!

Another plus about cooking at home is that we don't have to worry about our 1 year old throwing a fit and us having to leave dinner early.  We choose when to eat, and if Will gets antsy we just let him play while we finish our meal.  It is usually a much smoother evening for all when we eat in.

I am on the lookout for good, budget friendly, easy meals.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment