Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life is HARD!

I know this is kind of a "duh!" statement, but it is so hard being a full-time working, going to school mom.  I think I regret my decision to go back to school almost as many times a day as
I regret not being able to stay at home and raise my son.  The one thing that makes leaving Will at home to go to work in the mornings easier is knowing that he is spending time with his wonderful dad all day and they both will be excited to see me when I get home in the evening.  I love walking through the door after a long day at work and having Will run up saying "Mama Mama Mama" with a smile on his face.
I don't want this to sound like I don't love my job - I do - I just don't love it as much as being able to be there for my son all the time.  I figured by now (he is 15 months old) it would be easier, but that isn't the case.  There are a few things that make this job worth it though and I keep having to remind myself of these.

1.  My schedule.  I work 7 days in a row, but then I am off 7 days in a row.  How can you beat that?!?  I only work 6 months out of the year!

2.  My job is reimbursing me for going to school.  Yes, it is hard to work and go to school, but at least I don't have to pay for it right?  :)

3.  With this job we're able to save for retirement, college for Will, and some small vacations for us as a family.  Without it, well, money would be tight.  :)

I also have to say, I have an amazing husband.  He takes care of most of the dishes and a lot of the cleaning for us.  Without all that he does to help around the house I'm pretty sure I would have lost my mind by now.  I guess I just needed to remember that yes, it is hard to go to work, but for us anyway, the good outweighs the bad.
I can't do much complaining.  I have a great family with a wonderful husband who always has my back even when I come home and say something like "honey, I think I'm going to go back to school" or "babe, we need to get out of debt; come look at the 5 million different budget scenerios I've come up with."  

Work, school, parenting, being a husband/wife, etc... all hard by themselves, but almost all of us do at least 2 of these things.  I'm working on steps to simplify my life.  Help me out.  What are some things that make life easier for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment