Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Some Days!

There are some days where I just want to quit.  Quit budgeting, quit watching every.single.dollar,
quit stressing out over Netflix price increases (which is apparently happening in September), and I have to admit, today is one of those days.

I talked a little bit about my car troubles in a previous post, but there is so much more to it then we knew.  We still don't have an estimate for it, but I was expecting a $600 repair and now it is looking like so much more then that.  I am not up for a cell phone upgrade until February but I'm already having to use duct tape to hold mine together; Chris is up for an upgrade now so we need to come up with money to get him a new phone, and I have to come up with money to pay for next semester in 6 weeks.

Today I feel like yelling "I quit" and whipping out a credit card.  Isn't that how life is supposed to work? When I get like this I have to remind myself of why we're living like no one else now - it is so we can live like no one else later; courtesy of Dave Ramsey.  I am looking to the future.  The future where we have absolutely no debt (including a mortgage), a future where we can take our kids on memorable family vacations, but most of all, a secure future where my children will never have to know what it is like to worry about having money to pay the mortgage, buy groceries, or get new clothes.  I guess this was really just a vent to get me back on track and ready to take on the world.

If you ever feel like things are spinning out of control, just know you are not alone.  I have been, and currently am, right there with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment